Are you moving? If so, congratulations! You are about to embark on a new adventure. Along the way, you must do some planning for your move. This blog post will provide you with an ultimate office moving checklist to ensure that you have planned for every important detail of your move.
We’ll cover everything from packing up all of those little things in the cubicle to making sure those hard-to-reach items on top shelves make it safely to their new home.
PS: Make your moving journey less stressful with the help of professional office moving services! Our experts have all the needed equipment, knowledge, and experience to do the job right. Give us a call today to learn more.
Things to Do Before The Move
When moving offices, proper preparation is highly needed to ensure that everything goes smoothly. Without a good plan, you won’t be able to get the best results.
Make a list and check it twice. Make sure you have all of your office items together before moving day arrives. It is crucial that you do not underestimate how much time this will take. Some important things to consider are:
- Be sure you find a mover to help you with moving tasks. A professional moving company will bring in trucks, packing materials, and labor necessary for a smooth move.
- Find a good location before moving. You should ensure that you have a location that is large enough for your new staff and their items. If you are moving to a bigger space, ensure the amenities of this office will meet your needs as well.
- Get the needed paper works such as a business license and permits. It is important that you have these documents when moving to your new office location so there will not be any issues with registration or taxes later on.
- Weigh out the pros and cons before moving. It’s good that you’re aware of the consequences of your moving decisions so you can plan accordingly. For example, if you are moving closer to rural areas, this might be a problem if there is no public transportation available in the area.
- Allocate time and money for looking at new office space options. If your company has been around long enough or has plans on growing big in the future, it might be in your company’s best interest to look for a new office space.
Now that you have everything planned out, it is time to move on to the next step.
What to Do During The Move
The moving day would be one of the biggest challenges, and it’s something that could be stressful and overwhelming. Preparing for your moving day can make it less of a hassle, so you will not have to worry about anything else.
Make sure all office items are boxed up properly. Start by making an inventory list of everything in the office area. This way, there won’t be any confusion later on about what was moved where or if someone might accuse another person of stealing their stuff.
Pack away important personal belongings first before moving onto other things like furniture. Do this after packing up computer equipment and close-range electronics because these are usually small enough o fit into boxes without much trouble at all.
Boxes should contain labeling with the room number name along with arrows indicating which direction the box should be placed. A small tip is to place the larger boxes at the bottom, where you will have an easier time lifting them up and placing them in a spot that’s not too high for your comfort level.
Make sure everything goes as planned so when the movers come, they can easily load all this stuff in their truck, and you can finally say adios.
After The Moving Process
Once you’re in your new location, it’s time to unpack! There’s no time to rest; you need to get started right away so all your office items are in their proper places and everything is where it should be.
Learn the layout of your new office space before unpacking any boxes. This way, there will not be any confusion as to what goes where or if some things might look misplaced on accident when they’re actually supposed to go somewhere else.
You can ask for help from other staff members but try not asking too many people at once because this could cause stress and anxiety due to potential mistakes are done during moving day that cannot be undone anymore, like breaking objects or losing important documents.
Once you’re all unpacked and settled in, it’s time to do some cleaning. Dusting off lampshades is a perfect example of something you can easily take care of without any trouble at all.
Be sure you clean and organize everything first before you unpack the remaining boxes. You don’t want to end up with a cluttered mess of items when unpacking your other belongings, do you?
After these steps are done, then you can finally enjoy being in your new office location and share how excited you are for this transition with everyone else who is involved, such as your beloved employees.
In a Nutshell
This blog post has been a comprehensive guide to help you plan for your office move. We hope this checklist will be helpful and useful in the planning process, but we also know how important it is to have an expert on call when things get overwhelming.
If you would like more information about our team or services, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today!